Like to send your "We Like"?

Send an email to editor at georgiafrontpage.com with "We Like" in the title. We'll post it. We won't include your name or any identifiers on the blog unless you specifically request that we do so, but we would like for you to include it along with your city/state location.

Monday, September 6, 2010

We Like: The Broadway Diner

One of my favorite places to eat breakfast, lunch, dinner or in-between. The service is always great, never had a dish I wouldn't ask for again and the people are exceptionally friendly. The second time I walked into the place they remembered that I'd been there before --- and that place is always hopping! I've learned to go at off times to avoid the rush, but even during their rush hours they move fast and the wait isn't intolerable (I hate waiting, just like you!).

They've been there long enough to have had to expand, but it hasn't been that long since they opened to rave reviews!

The owners are a couple, one British, the other Greek. It's a family affair all the way back to the kitchen with papa overseeing and cooking from what I've been told.

They're all lovely people. I discovered my favorite tea, P&G Tips as a result of going there. I love my tea, British style and I like places that don't charge you for my second cup (which is the vast majority, but we have two in Fayette County that do charge believe it or not).

If you're a dessert lover, save room for some of the best cakes and pies ever when you visit. They're in the dessert case to the left as you walk in... take a look before you order! The selection changes so you can try something new every time you go.

The menu is a mix of Italian, Greek, American standards, sandwiches, breakfast omelets, salads, diner foods, upscale dinners and lunches, budget conscious selections... there are a lot of choices, all good. It's such a large menu it's hard to remember everything! Plus there are daily specials, usually written on the chalk board beside the register, to the left when you walk in.

They have an outside area and the new addition can be closed off for events.

What else can I tell you? Good people, fast service, friendly family atmosphere, great food, open seven days a week... ah, you need to know where it is, don't you?

http://www.broadwaydiner.us/

There's a map/directions on the website, plus a link to the menu.

(770)-716-2628
535 South Glynn Street
Fayetteville, GA 30214

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. Please be sure not to include any links --- if you do, we can't post the comment. Give us enough info so we can find the site if it's important to your comment.